NHSS 12AB Traffic Safety Control Officer TSCO
This course will cover:
The Traffic Safety & Control Officer:
- Clients, Police, Traffic Officers, Maintaining Agents, Contractors
- Highways Act 1980
- Traffic Management Act 2004
- TSCO Roles, Responsibilities and Powers
- TSCO Knowledge.
- TSCO record keeping.
Planning and Controlling the Works:
- and (SRWID)
- RCC’s and VMS Signs
- Reviewing the TM Method Statement
- Assessing Work Site activities in relation to TM plan
- Communicating the plan to other parties
- Enforcement of the TTRO
- Recovery Operations
- Abnormal Loads.
Emergency Planning and Liaison:
- Emergency Routes
- Dealing with Incidents
- Emergency Traffic Management
- and coordinating Rolling Blocks
- Reporting of Incidents
- Winter Maintenance.
On completion of this course you will be able to demonstrate that you have:
- A minimum satisfactory level of knowledge of the TSCO role
- A comprehensive awareness of the TSCO’s responsibilities
- A detailed level of knowledge of Temporary Traffic Management standards.
To be registered by LANTRA Awards as a TSCO, you must:
- Hold a valid Lantra Awards NHSS12A Foreman certificate (certificates valid for 2 years)
- Hold a valid NHSS12AB TSCO certificate (certificates valid for 2 years)
- Prove that you hold a current 3 day First Aid at Work certificate in accordance with the H&S (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- Prove that you hold, as a minimum, a 1 Day Safety Awareness training Course Award issued by IOSH, NeBOSH or CITB, please contact Lantra Awards for a full list of acceptable alternatives
- Complete and return a TSCO application form and return it, along with supporting evidence of above, to email@example.com.
Please check the above with your Provider for requirements after 1st September 2021