NHSS 12AB Lead Traffic Management Operative LTMO
The finer details
This course will cover:
- Quality Assurance and National Highway Sector Schemes
- Health and Safety at Work
- Methods of Installing works
- Traffic Management Equipment
- Traffic Management Vehicles
- Maintaining works
- Design and Calculations for Traffic Management Activities
- Activities of the LTMO
- Dealing with Sub-Contractors
- Client Liaison and Public Relations
- Police Liaison and Rolling Blocks
- Road Traffic Accidents.
Who should attend?
All persons who will be required by their employer to work on motorways and or high speed dual carriageways as a lead traffic management operative, on standard works schemes where temporary road markings ARE NOT required, and all works with relaxations.
What will be covered?
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the typical roles and responsibilities of the LTMO
- Be able to plan relaxation lane closures
- Gain an increased awareness of road works signage
- Be aware of the Ch8 requirements for standard works and where relaxations can be applied
- Be aware of industry safe working practices.
Other areas of interest?
The registration as an NHSS12B LTMO will only become effective provided the appropriate NHSS12AB General Operative logbook of assessments has been completed AND the one day NHSS12AB General Operative course certificate is still valid.