NHSS 12D M7 Managers Client Officers.
This course will cover:
- Operative and scheme requirements.
- Reference documentation and definitions.
- Categories of road network and operations.
- Principle responsibilities.
- Quick guide on highway legislation, affecting Temporary Traffic Management operations.
- Carry out on-site assessments.
- Other legislative requirements
- Equipment, uses and requirement for use.
- Site requirements, limitations and actions.
- Site works and monitoring.
- Site and activity specific requirements.
- Set scenarios of temporary traffic management requirements.
NHSS12D M7 is for Managers, Designers, Technical Officers and others who do not physically install Temporary Traffic Management but do have responsibility for the installation.
It is a mandatory requirement for Technical Officers and the Organizations TTM Manager see the National Highway Sector Scheme 12D Document requirements.
On completion of this course you will:
- Have a working knowledge of National Highway Sector Schemes
- Have an awareness of Traffic Management Health & Safety Issues
- Interpret the requirements of ‘The Safety at Street Works and Road Works, A Code of Practice (The Red Book)’ and further guidance from ‘ The Traffic Signs Manual, Chapter 8’
- Consider all options available to determine the level and extent of the Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) required
- Demonstrate knowledge of the site Risk Assessment process.
- Have the ability to assess and determine temporary traffic layout required for a given work location, activity or operation
- Understand the standard of equipment that is acceptable to use
- Realise the implications of changing conditions on site
- Have the confidence to liaise with site staff for appropriate remedial actions
- Have the ability to confirm suitability of TTM plans prior to work starting on site
- Be aware of the requirements of non-motorised road users
- Be aware of the requirements of convoy working.