NHSS 12D M1/M2 Working on Single Carriageways.
This course will cover:
- Quality assurance
- National Highway Sector Schemes
- Health & Safety
- Risk Assessments/Method Statements
- Industry guidance documents
- Highway terminology
- Types of work
- Equipment & vehicles
- Traffic lane widths
- Site definitions and safety zones
- Stop works sign
- Basic layouts
- Give and take system
- Priority signing
- Stop and go
- Non-motorised road users
- Portable traffic signals signing and guarding testing, commissioning and operating.
On completion of this training course you will:
- Be aware of Sector Schemes
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements
- Be aware of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Be aware of the relevant Codes of Practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Identify the equipment required in Temporary Traffic Management
- Understand the different methods of traffic control
- Be aware of the requirements of non-motorised road users
- Be prepared to undertake assessments to demonstrate an ability to implement, maintain and safely remove traffic control systems
- Understand the requirements for Mobile and Short duration works
- Understand the different methods of both passive and positive traffic control
- Understand the principles involved when dealing with roundabouts, road closures and diversions.
To become a registered NHSS12D M2 Moving Works Operative the appropriate NHSS12D assessment units need to be completed within a 2 year period from passing the NHSS12D T2 training Those gaining NHSS12D M2 cards can progress to additional NHSS12D T3 – T6 training courses and assessments.
IMPORTANT NOTE: NHSS12D M2 status MUST be maintained (ie an in date M2 skills registration card). An EXPIRED M2 skills registration card will invalidate skills registration cards held for M3, M4, M5, initially achieved when the M2 card was in date.