NHSS 12D Convoy Working
On completion of this course you will:
- Be aware of National Highway Sector Schemes
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements
- Be aware of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Be aware of the relevant Codes of Practice and other associated documentation when involved in Traffic Management
- Identify the equipment required in Temporary Traffic Management
- Understand the requirements for convoy working
- Understand how convoy systems operate
- Be aware of the requirements of non-motorised road users
- Be prepared to undertake assessments to demonstrate an ability to implement, maintain and remove safely traffic control and convoy systems.
This course will cover:
- Quality assurance
- National Highway Sector Schemes
- Health & safety requirements
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Industry guidance documents
- Working without safety zones
- Convoy vehicles and equipment
- Single carriageway convoy systems – single vehicle
- Single carriageway convoy systems – three vehicles
- Dual carriageway convoy systems multiple vehicles.
Following completion of the NHSS12D T4 training course the learner will need to undertake a single on site assessment as prescribed in the National Highway Sector Scheme 12D Document to obtain the category. The assessment must be completed within a two year period starting from the date of passing the training.