The aim of the course is to provide you with the knowledge on how to correctly renovate the cricket pitch after the playing season.
Our training course has been designed for those who wish to learn how to renovate a cricket pitch at the end of the playing season.
The course includes a practical demonstration by the instructor and is suitable for both novice and experienced users.
- Have a basic but clear understanding of current H&S legislation and of safe working practice for machinery and equipment
- Be able to carry out pre-start checks on machinery and equipment
- Understand the range of equipment available for end of season renovations
- Have a clear understanding and general overview of the maintenance required of the cricket ground during autumn and winter months
- Demonstrate planning of works in readiness for end of season renovations
- Carry out all end of season renovation tasks in the correct sequence
- Understand the difference between materials and products available for renovation and winter aftercare of the cricket ground
- Understand how to write a programme for end of season renovation work.
Horticulture, Landscape & Sports Turf.
Sports Turf and Grounds Maintenance.