The aim of the course is to provide you with the knowledge on how to correctly prepare the cricket pitch before the playing season and maintain it during the summer months.
Our training course has been designed for those who wish to learn how to prepare and maintain a cricket pitch prior to, and during, the playing season.
The course includes a practical demonstration by the instructor and is suitable for both novice and experienced delegates.
By the end of the course learners will:
- To give learners a basic but clear understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and of safe working practices for machinery and equipment
- Ensure learners can carry out pre-start checks on machinery and equipment
- To understand the range of equipment available for pre-season preparation and summer maintenance
- To have a clear understanding and general overview of the preparation required for the cricket ground during spring and summer months
- To be able to demonstrate planning of works for pre-season preparation and summer maintenance
- Carry out all pre-season tasks in the correct sequence
- Understand the difference between materials and products available for spring and summer care of the cricket ground
- Understand how to write a programme for pre-season preparation work.
Horticulture, Landscape & Sports Turf.
Sports Turf and Grounds Maintenance.