This theory only course is designed to highlight the inherent risks of driving on haulage roads and trackways. In addition to vehicle controls, systems and components of category B vehicles, terrain & environment awareness, health and safety plays an important part of the course, ensuring delegates understand risk assessments, dynamic risk assessments and incident reporting.
Designed to meet the needs of staff who are required to drive category B vehicles both on road and on track/haulage roads but who do not require a full days practical training.
Through classroom-based training, our experienced Instructors will guide you through key aspects of driving category B 4x4 vehicles in a work environment including; Vehicle checks, Systems identification, The correct use of systems and controls and Risk Assessment and damage reporting procedures.
This product is designed for any one:
- Required to drive a category B 4x4 vehicle on trunk roads or tarmac.
- Required to have formal training without the requirement for practical hands on training in off road terrain.
This course will cover:
- The legal requirements of driving on public roads and private land
- Controls, systems and components of 4x4 vehicles
- Terrain and environment awareness
- Risk assessment procedures and damage reporting
- Driving in winter
- Driving techniques on a variety of surfaces.
This course is not a substitute for 4x4 practical training and assessment, nor does it cover practical techniques which could improve delegate productivity. Certification of attendance is issued on completion.