Find the route to the top, with our Tree climbing course.This is a hands-on course that delivers both practical skills and health and safety guidance as well as demonstrating that you and your employer have completed sufficient training to meet the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
Tree climbing is an essential part of an Arborist's work, however, working at height can be dangerous.
Falls from height are one of the biggest causes of deaths and major injuries in the workplace.
Learn how to climb a tree safely with the Lantra Access a Tree With a Rope and Harness Course.
This is an attendance only course.
You'll receive a certificate of attendance once completed.
The course will prepare you to undertake the Level 2 Award in Accessing a Tree Using a Rope and Harness.
Worth noting: Inexperienced operators might need more time to fully master all the elements of our course.
This course is for people who are already working in, or are looking to work in, one of the following industries: Arboriculture Forestry Woodland industries Local authorities Conservation.
Learners must be physically fit and not suffering from vertigo or similar conditions or on medication that could affect their safety. This course is not appropriate for learners under 16 years of age.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the legislation relating to tree climbing
- Identify a range of personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to work positioning systems
- Tie, dress and set a range of tree climbing knots
- Identify hazards and manage the associated risks
- Choose appropriate anchor points
- Use techniques for safe, efficient ascent and descent
- Carry out pre-use inspection of ladders and safe use of ladders for entry into tree
- Understand the duties of a competent ground person
- Establish safe and comfortable work positions
- Use climbing irons safely and efficiently