Keep your skills up to date with our one-day tree climbing and aerial rescue refresher.
We have updated the way that our Aerial refresher suite is delivered to reflect the changes to best climbing practice laid out in the new Technical Guide 1: Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue.
Combine the two and it's vital you have the confidence and know-how to carry out such operations safely and expertly.
Our refresher course is perfect for tree surgeons, landscape gardeners, and conservation workers.
It will help you brush up the knowledge and skills required for assessment in our Level 2 Award in Climb Trees and Perform Aerial Rescue.
Our course will reinforce your knowledge of tree climbing and aerial rescue.
You'll learn through a balanced mix of theory and practical sessions.
All of the latest relevant health and safety guidelines will be covered.
You'll also gain hands-on experience of the correct skills and techniques required to work safely and effectively.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Tree climbing equipment
- Rope configurations
- Tree access
- Final anchor point and work positioning
- Light branch removal
- Use of flip line and climbing irons
- Aerial rescue
- Clearing site and equipment checks.
Worth noting: You must be fit, and not on any medication that could affect your judgement or safety, to complete this course.
It's not appropriate for anyone suffering from vertigo or a similar condition.
The correct protective clothing must be worn by those undertaking chainsaw operations.
People involved in:
- Woodland Industries
- Local Authorities
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the legislation relating to tree climbing
- Identify a range of personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to work positioning systems
- Tie, dress and set a range of tree climbing knots
- Identify hazards and manage the associated risks
- Choose appropriate anchor points
- Use techniques for safe, efficient ascent and descent
- Carry out pre-use inspection of ladders and safe use of ladders for entry into tree
- Understand the duties of a competent ground person
- Establish safe and comfortable work positions
- Understand correct final pruning position and the 1-2-3 method of branch removal
- Remove light-weight lateral branches using hand tools
- Use climbing irons safely and efficiently
- Carry out aerial rescue techniques.