After receiving industry feedback it was apparent that and Assessed Manual Handling course was required so we have introduced this to support our Manual Handling Awareness training course.
It is important that manual handling is done correctly to avoid injury. Taking this assessment will give you the practical knowledge you need to understand the risks involved if you handle items incorrectly.
This is a half day course but in that time you'll learn the skills of manual handling with background theory and practice. You'll look at the types of injuries caused by incorrect handling and how to stay safe when performing tasks.
- Introduction to manual handling
- Manual handling and the law
- The musculoskeletal system
- Mechanics of movement
- Types of manual handling injuries
- Risk assessment
- Control measures for reducing the risks of harm
- Principles of safer handling
- Manual handling equipment.
Whether you are an employee or self-employed and work in a controlled environment, our course is for you. It is especially important if you are carrying out repetitive tasks that involve manual handling.
By the end of our course you'll be able to:
- State the principles of safe lifting to minimise risk of injury
- Be aware of parts of your body that are at risk of injury due to poor handling techniques and understand common injuries and how they occur
- Better recognise the you handle of manual handling and how to help reduce them in your workplace.
- Safe Lifting Techniques (with Problem Solving)
- Health and Safety for the Workplace.