Master the basics in our Appointed Person Emergency Aid course.
This training course is for you if an HSE approved first aider is not required in your workplace, or to enable you to assist the recognised first aider, or help in their absence.
You will learn the basic skills and knowledge of first aid, so you can assist until the medical professionals take over.
This is a half-day attendance course where you’ll learn the basic skills and techniques of first aid.
There is no assessment, but you’ll get a certificate at the end of the training.
- Airway and breathing problems
- Circulation problems
- Minor wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries to bones, muscles, and joints
- Other serious conditions.
This course is for anyone in the workplace who may need to act as first aider where a qualified first aider is not required.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the aims of first aid
- Assess situations and carry out appropriate actions (including informing the emergency service)
- Administer cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Administer first aid safety to a casualty who is unconscious including placing them in the recovery position
- Administer first aid safety to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid safely to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid safely to a casualty who is in shock
- Provide appropriate treatment for minor injuries
- Take appropriate action in the event of other illnesses.
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Paediatric First Aid
- First Aid at Work (with Workbook)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (including Skills Identity Card).