Learn how to operate an AED with our short course.
How quickly we respond to cardiac arrest is critical in saving lives. Deploying an Automated External Defribrillator (AED) is crucial while you wait for the emergency services to take over.
This training course concentrates on the key techniques of the AED, keeping you up to date with this vital piece of first aid.
This is a three-hour short course which will give you the skills and knowledge of the AED you need through theory and practical sessions.
There will be assessment and you’ll get a certificate when you have completed the course.
Worth noting: If you need to be able to give first aid at work you'll need to either have an appropriate first aid certificate or undertake training in addition to this course.
This course is for you if your role is to operate an AED only and you’re not required to give first aid in the workplace.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the role of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) operator
- Understand Incident Management
- Understand the chain of survival
- Recognise types of AEDs and AED accessories
- Know about AED maintenance and how to register an AED
- Understand anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Recognise normal and abnormal heart rhythms
- Recognise heart attack or angina
- Understand DRAB (danger, response, airway, breathing)
- Operate an AED
- Understand the correct procedure for AED use with children
- Understand the relevant documentation required after deploying an AED.
- Emergency First Aid at Work + AED
- First Aid at Work +AED
- First Aid at Work Requalification +AED.