Improve your skills and reap the benefits with our livestock handling course.
You'll spend some time indoors discussing the issues and factors of better livestock handling with time on the farm to look at moving cattle and handling systems.
The sessions will look at:
- Why good cattle handling matters
- Main issues and factors resulting in accidents
- Benefits of good cattle handling
- Animal senses
- Moving livestock efficiently
- Design of handling facilities.
If you move livestock on farms and holdings then this course is for you.
If you are under 16 years of age you will need consent of a parent or guardian to take this course.
When you have completed the course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the benefits of good livestock handling
- Identify the factors affecting cattle handling
- Understand how those factors can be applied to handling systems.
- Level 2 Award in Animal Transport by Road - Long Journey Attendant/Driver
- Level 2 Award in Animal Transport by Road - Short Journey.