Become proficient in the basics of boundary fencing with our flexible course.
This course has a flexible duration from 3 to 5 days depending upon your background skills and experience.
It is ideal for new and existing operatives who work in the forestry, agricultural, horticultural, conservation and land based industries.
It'll provide you with an overview of the key information and techniques you need to do your job safely and efficiently.
- Health and safety
- Location of underground and overhead services
- Typical tools and equipment used in fencing
- Methods of measurement, setting out and estimating materials for fence works
- Quality of fencing materials
- Post-installation methods.
Worth noting: If you wish, you can then progress onto the Level 2 and Level 3 Fencing Apprenticeship Frameworks.
This course is for you if you're new to the fencing industry.
It provides the basic knowledge and practical experience you need to assist a professional fence installer.
Upon successful completion, you'll receive a training certificate in Boundary Fence Basic.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand health and safety legislation and environmental issues related to work practices
- Be aware of the materials used for fencing and their required standards
- Be able to identify the correct tools and equipment required for fencing work and the correct care of the tools and equipment
- Understand, estimate, set out, and calculate fencing works and the legal implications
- Install posts to the correct line-level, drive, concrete and backfill them
- Install strained wire railed and panel (if applicable) fence systems
- Understand methods of inspecting for defects and repair options and testing of completed fence works.