Becoming proficient in the basics of boundary fencing is an essential and valued installer’s skill for any contract, large or small.
This course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to install boundary fencing safely, protecting both you and those around you.
This training course has been developed to help you understand how to install boundary fencing safely.
The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to four days.
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment. Course sessions include:
- Health and Safety
- Location of Underground and Overhead Services
- Typical Tools and Equipment used in Fencing
- Methods of Measurement, Setting Out and Estimating Materials for Fence Works
- Quality of Fencing Materials
- Post-installation Methods
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment.
If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence.
This course is for you if you need to become proficient in the basics of boundary fencing.
As you'll appreciate, this course contains some practical activity that will require a minimum level of fitness. If you have any concerns, please speak to the provider.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand health and safety legislation and environmental issues related to work practices
- Be aware of the materials used for fencing and their required standards
- Be able to identify the correct tools and equipment required for fencing work and the correct care of the tools and equipment
- Understand, estimate, set out, and calculate fencing works and the legal implications
- Install posts to the correct line-level, drive, concrete and backfill them
- Install strained wire railed and panel (if applicable) fence systems
- Understand methods of inspecting for defects and repair options and testing of completed fence works.