Master the chainsaw basics with our comprehensive four-day course.
There is no doubting the chainsaw's usefulness – nor its power.
But in the wrong hands, it is also a very dangerous machine.
Our course will teach you how to operate a chainsaw safely and with real confidence.
It's specifically designed for learners who intend to use a chainsaw only occasionally.
This is an integrated training and assessment course.
You'll be taught health and safety theory.
You'll then move on to practical work, which will be assessed by our expert instructors.
Chainsaw maintenance is an important part of the course.
You'll learn about daily checks and the sharpening of the chain.
After that, there are a number of practical sessions.
You'll learn basic felling techniques.
How to de-limb trees and cross-cut timber will also be covered, as will dealing with hung-up trees up to 200mm/8ins in diameter.
This course is suitable for learners who are occasional users and don't intend to work in the arboricultural or forestry industries or use a chainsaw as a central part of their working activity.
- Identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a worksite
- Assess trees to be felled for hazards and associated risks
- Prepare trees to be felled and identify escape routes
- Fell trees which have a diameter up to 200mm/8” safely and accurately using appropriate techniques
- Remove branches from felled trees in a safe and methodical manner
- Select and use hand tools and maintain them in a safe condition
- Take down hung-up trees using hand tools
- State techniques which must not be used for the takedown of hung-up trees.