Show you are the first aider in your workplace with our Emergency First Aid course.
First aid can be crucial until the professionals take over.
This training course is for you if you are required to carry a skills card to identify you as an emergency first aider in the workplace.
This is a one-day training and assessment course. You’ll learn the key techniques to administer first aid.
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate of training in Emergency First Aid at Work and a Skills Identity Card.
This course is ideal for you if you work in any industry that requires a recognised first aider, especially where identification is required before you give first aid.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and accidents
- The use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide treatment for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters.
- Emergency First Aid at Work (excluding Skills Identity Card)
- First Aid at Work (with Workbook)
- Emergency First Aid at Work +AED (with Workbook)
- First Aid at Work (with Workbook).