Equido is a detailed and comprehensive training methodology. This system gives the student the unique chance to qualify in an alternative training system based on Natural Horsemanship philosophy.
This level introduces you to the concepts and teachings of Equido whilst ensuring that you fully understand the basic requirements of horse care management. The level is split into ten modules:
- Points of the Horse and Colours
- Bedding and Mucking out
- Health Check
- Field Care
- Evolution and Behaviour
- Tack and Clothing.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Accurately describe & name all of the main points of a horse
- Assist in describing injury sites for veterinary diagnosis
- Accurately describe the of the horse and the technical traits associated with .
- Confidently decide on a suitable bedding material for different types of horses.
- Have the skills and knowledge of mucking out techniques
- Have a basic understanding of the signs of good health in a horse
- Be able to check for the signs of good health to ensure they fall within industry standards, and what to do if they don’t
- Have a full understanding of common foot ailments and how to identify them
- Have a basic understanding of sward management & the care of grazing
- Clearly identify dangerous and unsuitable fencing
- Basic understanding of the types of feeding available & feeding regimes
- Have a good knowledge of the digestive system of the horse
- Basic understanding of the process of
- Basic understanding on how to calculate a feed ration
- Have a full understanding of the process of grooming and the psychological aspects of grooming for the horse.
- Understand the process of handling and leading the equine safely
- Have a full understanding of the process of catching both easy and difficult equines
- To have a full understanding of the process of tying or restraining horses.
- Understand the evolution of the horse & impacts on physiological development
- Understand the psychological needs of the horse
- Understand how to adapt our and care to satisfy both human and horse needs
- Understand the requirements for shoeing & when shoeing is required
- Identify good feed & understand problems that may occur
- Knowledge of the types of clothing available and their function
- Understand the types of saddles/bridles, their construction & purpose
- Understand the basic types of bits available & their application
- Understand the main schooling aids available.
Equido Level Two.
Equido Level Three.