Help your forestry industry colleagues by adding to your first aid skills.
Our short course is for you if you work in the forestry industry and already hold a First Aid at Work Certificate or an Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate.
If you work as a team in a forest setting, you’ll know there are special dangers to look out for. In the event of an emergency, you will need the necessary skills and training to keep you and your colleagues safe.
Our half day course will build on your current knowledge by concentrating on the special skills which relate to forestry.
Our course has been developed to comply with the Forestry Commission +F as per the First Aid at Work – Forestry Commission Policy and in consultation with Forestry Industry Safety Accord (FISA).
There will be an assessment and you'll receive a certificate of training at the end of the course.
- You'll need to provide proof of a current valid First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work certificate to take the +F stand-alone course.
- Occupational first aid certification is valid for 2 years after which recertification training is required.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise the common risks to forestry workers and administer First Aid accordingly
- Contribute to and respond according to emergency response plans
- First Aid at Work +F
- Emergency First Aid at Work +F