Work towards a nationally-recognised tree felling and processing qualification with our specialist course.
Our course will enable you to prove your knowledge, understanding, and competence in forestry and arboriculture operations.
If you achieve this award, you'll have the opportunity to move on to a recognised qualification that reflects the national standard.
This will help boost your career prospects.
Our course involves a balanced mix of theory and practical sessions.
So you'll gain specialist knowledge into how to work safely.
And you'll also develop your, skills to industry best practice standards.
The units/Qualifications will enable those who are successful to continue and complete further training and/or assessment within the forestry and arboriculture sector, including full-time competency-based qualifications and , specialised qualifications at the same or higher level.
Learners may choose to progress on to forestry and/or arboriculture Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs), an apprenticeship framework and/or Higher National Certificates/Diplomas (HNC/Ds).
Certification is required for all professional forestry and arboriculture operations and is supported by industry good practice guidance, ‘training and certification’.
The Qualifications may also enable progression in the workplace.
By the end of this course, you'll:
- Be able to promote health and safety and industry good practice
- Be able to fell and process trees over 380mm
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- Understand how to fell and process trees over 380mm
- Understand how to remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- Understand how to take down hung-up trees.