Refresh your skills in ground-based forestry and arboriculture with Lantra.
Working with chainsaws is a highly skilled and rewarding work.
It can also be very dangerous.
in order to keep your skills and knowledge up to date, refresher training is recommended every three to five years.
Our ground-based chainsaw refresher course is a modular approach to the need to refresh skills.
This is the +F version of our popular modular refresher course that has been designed for those working in the forestry sector and is recognised by FISA (Forest Industry Safety Accord)
Instead of booking multiple courses and repeating sections of the training over and over again the Lantra course allows you to select the modules that are appropriate to you and bundle them together into one package.
The mandatory health and safety unit of this course can be waived if you have achieved an equivalent in the last 5 years for example.
- IOSH (Managing Safely)
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Construction Skills Health and Safety equivalent to 5 days training
- BSC level 3 Occupational Safety or above.
- Level 3 Award in Controlling Risks to Health & Safety in Agriculture and Production horticulture (QCF).
Our training will demonstrate that you and your employer have completed sufficient training to meet the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
People who work in: Agriculture, Horticulture, Woodland industries, Local Authorities, Conservation, Construction, Land-based industries.
The Health & safety module is mandatory (unless equivalent has already been achieved) you can then select from the following:
- Safety, Health & Welfare (mandatory)
- Chainsaw/Small Engine Maintenance
- Felling up to 200mm
- Felling up to 380mm*
- Felling over 380mm
- Branch Removal – Snedding & Delimbing
- Hung Up Trees Using Hand Tools
- Hand Winching
- Powered Pole Pruner.
* Please note this module only contains information relevant for felling trees between 200mm – 380mm, for techniques beneath this diameter please see refer to module ‘felling trees up to 200mm’.