This 1-day course is part of a dedicated suite of Groundcare Machinery Maintenance training courses, which will show you how to work safely and effectively on mower electrics.
This 1-day course is part of a dedicated suite of Groundcare Machinery Maintenance training courses.
It will show you how to work safely and effectively on the electrical aspects of mowers.
You will first cover all the theory to ensure you understand mower electrical circuits.
Following practical demonstrations, you will then progress onto practical sessions to identify electrical components.
You will learn about best practice in electrical maintenance and how to locate common faults through testing.
Upon successful completion, you will gain a Certificate of Competence and a Lantra Skills ID card.
This integrated training and assessment course will cover the following sessions:
- Electrics safety
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Electrics fundamentals and component identification
- Preliminary electrical maintenance and best practice
- Common electrical faults
- Electrical system testing
This training course is ideal for you if you work in horticulture, landscaping and turf maintenance.
It’s suitable for you whether you’re a novice or more experienced and simply looking to improve your skills and knowledge.
At the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Produce a site-specific risk assessment (SSRA) for machinery maintenance operations (specific to electric fault finding)
- Identify the required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify the health and safety features required to diagnose and fix groundcare machinery electrical systems
- Identify components within an electrical system
- Know how an electrical system functions
- Identify potential faults on the electrical system
- Correctly carry out electrical maintenance and testing in accordance with the machine manufacturer’s operating manual
- State the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance or repair task
- Organise the workshop and use a systematic method of working where possible.
Groundcare Machinery Maintenance courses in this training course suite:
- Mower Set-Up
- Mower Sharpening