This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary for setting up and maintaining your mower
This 1-day course is part of a dedicated suite of Groundcare Machinery Maintenance training courses.
Our 1-day Groundcare Machinery Maintenance -Mower Set-Up course will give you technical information about setting up your mower.
We have experienced instructors who will ensure that you can set up your machine safely and with confidence.
As well as legislation and health and safety, you’ll cover the theory of Mower Set-Up.
You’ll have hands-on experience of setting up a mower and will walk away with a certificate of competence to prove it.
You’ll also gain a Lantra ID Skills Card.
This integrated training and assessment course will cover the following sessions:
- Cutting unit handling safety
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Cylinder mower principles
- Poor quality of cut identification and troubleshooting
- Practical demonstration: Setting up cutting cylinders
This training is designed for anyone who operates a machine which uses cylinder mowing units.
It is especially for you if you work in horticulture, landscaping and turf maintenance.
It’s suitable for you whether you’re a novice to more experienced and simply looking to improve your skills and knowledge.
At the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Identify the health and safety requirements for setting up mowers
- Carry out a risk assessment and implement control measures, including emergency procedures
- Understand the legislative requirements and responsibilities when setting up mowers
- Use operating precautions and be aware of how to avoid hazardous conditions
- Understand the relationship between the bottom blade and cylinder and the relation to the cutting of turf
- Understand the function and different requirements of manufactured cylinders
- Gain knowledge in setting machinery to achieve an optimum quality of cut
- Gain knowledge in setting cylinders to achieve an optimum quality of cut
- Understand the trouble shooting process to identify and rectify quality of cut issues
- Identify key machinery set-up options to rectify any quality of cut issues
- Identify key agronomy issues that lead to poor quality of cut.
You may also be interested in other training courses in the Groundcare Machinery Maintenance suite:
- Mower Sharpening