This 1-day course is part of a dedicated suite of Groundcare Machinery Maintenance training courses, which will boost your knowledge and skills to work safely and effectively.
Our 1-day Groundcare Machinery Maintenance- Mower Sharpening course will give you technical information about your mower.
We have experienced instructors who will ensure that you use your machine safely and with confidence.
As well as legislation and health and safety, you’ll cover the theory of Mower Sharpening.
You’ll have hands-on experience of basic Mower Sharpening’ operation and walk away with a certificate of competence to prove it.
You’ll also gain a Lantra ID Skills Card.
This integrated training and assessment course will cover the following sessions:
- Abrasive wheel safety and the law
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The abrasive wheel
- Machine and cylinder unit components
- Using a turfcare cylinder grinder.
This training is designed for This may include, but is not exclusive to, those involved in industries such as horticulture, landscaping and turf maintenance.
It’s suitable for you whether you’re a novice or more experienced and simply looking to improve your skills and knowledge.
the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Identify the health and safety requirements for abrasive wheel operation used in turf equipment sharpening
- Carry out a risk assessment and implement control measures, including emergency procedures
- Understand the legislative requirements and responsibilities of turf equipment sharpening using abrasive wheels
- Understand the characteristics of abrasives and their uses
- Mount an abrasive wheel
- Dress an abrasive wheel
- Use operating precautions and be aware of how to avoid hazardous conditions
- Understand the angles of bottom blades and the relation to the cutting of turf
- Understand the function and different requirements of manufactured cylinder cutting units
- Operate grinding equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
Groundcare Machinery Maintenance-
- Mower Set-Up