The course will introduce the basic competencies for setting out sports markings from scratch, preparation and application. It will emphasise the efficient, safe and legal aspects of line marking and the basic skills required.
This course has been designed for anyone who wishes to learn how to correctly set out sports markings from scratch across a wide range of sports, including running tracks. It is suitable for both novice and experienced delegates.
- Interpret the rules of the sport when setting out and marking out
- Understand and read the required dimensions of the sports pitch etc from a diagram
- Provide safe working practices and environment when marking out
- To be competent in the use and maintenance of marking machines
- To be competent and understand the cost effective best practice of different types of materials available and to be able to calibrate them correctly.
Horticulture, Landscape & Sports Turf.
Sports Turf and Grounds Maintenance.