Enhance your knowledge of the biology and control methods of insects that bite and sting and walk away with a certificate of competence.
Our one-day course covers everything from identification to control, inclusive of wasps, ants and bedbugs.
As well as looking at the basics of this diverse group of animals, we'll also cover:
- Safe Use of Biocides
- Legislation that affects the use of biocides for pest management
- Common terms for using biocides Integrated pest management (IPM)
- Control risk hierarchy
- Public health biocides: product labels and MSDS
- Safe storage, transport, use and disposal of insecticides
- Disposal of biocides and containers
- Keeping biocide records
- Principles of Insect Control
- Related legislation and further reasons for control
- Biology and behaviour
- Identification and monitoring equipment
- Non-chemical control options
- Insecticides and formulations
- Application equipment: Use and maintenance
- Insects That Bite and Sting
- Biology and control of wasps
- Biology and control of mosquitoes
- Understanding and control of bedbugs
- Biology and control of fleas.
Our course has been designed for all abilities, from complete beginners to those looking to further their career in pest control.
Once you've finished our course, you'll be able to:
- Understand how insects live, breed and develop and how they fit into the animal kingdom
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of insect control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits, and habitats of the main insects found in and around domestic premises
- Understand the way insecticides are applied and the importance of maintaining application equipment to a high standard
- Understand the importance of storing, transporting using and disposing of insecticides safely and legally and with due regard to the environment.