Our dedicated course is the first of its kind, providing a new industry standard for knowledge and training in installing and maintaining green roofs.
Recent years have seen a rise in the use of green roofs.
It’s likely that climate change and sustainable urban drainage issues will mean we’ll see more and more green roofs being retro-fitted onto existing properties in the near future.
That’s where our training comes in.
Its crucial that those installing and maintaining these green roofs are fully trained.
When you've done Stage 1, you'll be able to apply for your Red Trainee LISS/CSCS card*
If you're wondering, 'How do I apply for my Red Trainee LISS/CSCS card?' Please click here.
This course is an assessed training course.
In this course, you’ll cover the following sessions:
- Health and Safety/Legislation
- Background/History of Green Roofs
- Types of Green Roofs and Applications
- Site/Structural Considerations
- Installation processes
- Environmental Working.
*Land-based Industry Skills Scheme (LISS)/ Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
Our course is aimed at those who want to gain knowledge, understanding and skills within the Green Roof and Landscaping sectors.
It's suitable for anyone working or entering the Green Roof industry in a work-based setting at a technical level.
It will prepare you for employment and for future learning and training.
On completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- appreciate health and safety/legislation
- understand background and history of Green Roofs
- identify types of Green Roofs and applications
- understand site and structural considerations
- understand the drainage
- identify tools and equipment
- understand the installation processes
- understand maintenance and aftercare
- appreciate environmental working.
You may be interested in learning more in-depth knowledge about green roofs?
If so, you can attend our training-only course:
- Green Roofs - Installation and Maintenance
If you are aged 18+ and wish to become a Green Roof Installer, you will need to develop practical skills as well as knowledge.
There is a 3-step process for becoming a Green Roof Installer:
- Complete 'The Introduction to Installing and Maintaining Green Roofs' (Training and Assessment or Assessment only) to gain your Red Trainee LISS/CSCS card*
- Complete 'Green Roofs - Installation and Maintenance' (Training only) to gain the knowledge required for step 3
- Complete 'Green Roofs Installer' (Assessment only) to gain your Blue Skilled Worker LISS/CSCS card* stating 'Green Roofs Installer'.