Take your skills to the next level with our dedicated tree-cutting course.
Working with a chainsaw is potentially hazardous.
Using such a powerful tool for aerial tree-cutting is no exception.
Our course will help you develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required to carry out your work safely and expertly.
It's aimed at anyone over the age of 16 looking for proof of competence within this area, whether you're new to the job or already well established in a role.
Our course involves a balanced mix of theory and practical sessions.
You'll receive a total of 13 guided learning hours.
We'll teach you the skills required to carry out your work safely and to industry best-practice standards.
Several of the units will be relevant towards certain work-based qualifications developed, approved and supported by Lantra Sector Skills Council.
And once you've successfully completed the course, you'll be able to obtain a competency card for employment to further boost your job prospects.
Worth noting: This is a physical course, so you'll need to display a minimum level of fitness.
If you are over the age of 16 and wish to develop your knowledge, understanding, and skills and require proof of competence within your field of expertise then this course is suitable for you.
It doesn't matter if you are entering a place of work or have already established yourselves in a role.
You may already be using your skills across a range of trees and timber operations, however, this qualification will enable you to become a more confident worker meeting the current standards of good working practice.
Due to the nature of this qualification a minimum level of fitness would be required for specific operations.
Whilst we would not want to disadvantage anybody it is an essential requirement.
Several of the units are identified as being relevant towards certain work-based qualifications developed, approved and supported by Lantra Sector Skills Council.
If you are undertaking these units you may have the credit gained counted towards your achievement of work-based qualifications approved by the sector.
By the end of this course, you'll:
- Gain knowledge and understanding across a range of forestry and arboriculture functions and activities
- Be able to work effectively in a forestry and arboriculture environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Be able to review and develop your own practices and carry out a range of practical forestry and arboriculture tasks, to the required industry standard
- Improve your awareness of health and safety legislation and how individuals can contribute to the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) agenda
- Obtain occupational competence and/or licence to practise
- Meet the licence to practice or other legal requirements made by the relevant sector, professional or industry.