This one-day leaf blower course is suitable for you if you have a combi tool, a back pack blower or a dedicated machine.
- Prepare for blower operations
- Additional maintenance of a leaf blower
- Operating the blower
- Clearing the site and machine checks.
Our one-day course is for anyone employed in the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping, and grounds maintenance industry that currently operates, or will be required to operate a leaf blower.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- produce a site-specific risk assessment for blower operations
- identify the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required
- identify the health and safety features required on a blower
- identify defects on a blower and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer’s attention
- correctly carry out all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine manufacturer’s information and/or this workbook
- prepare the blower for use with the correct fuel/oil mix
- start the blower from both hot and cold start in a safe manner
- state the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance or operational tasks
- maintain the blower in a safe and efficient working condition
- adjust the blower for safe and comfortable operation where a harness is used
- operate the blower in a safe manner, having regard for the safety of the public, property and environmental factors