Gain a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification in transporting animals over a long distance
- Our qualification is for anyone wishing to transport animals by road
- It's based around the movement of farm animals, birds (poultry) and horses
- It covers transportation on long (over eight-hour) road journeys
- You will need to understand key regulations
- You'll also need to ensure that any animals you transport are protected correctly
- Our course assesses your knowledge of this
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- You'll also be awarded a Lantra Awards Level 2 qualification certificate and a Lantra Skills Card
- Our qualification is for drivers of animals on road journeys
- You'll be assessed in all the regulatory and safety issues
- The assessment covers two units
- As a rough guide, these two units have an estimated time commitment of 45 learning hours
- You'll need to pass a minimum of one unit specific to your work environment to successfully obtain the overall qualification
- It will enable you to achieve, or work towards achieving, the Level 2 national qualification
Our Level 2 in Animal Transport by Road (Long Journey Driver) Qualification has primarily been designed for you if you transport farm animals, horses or birds on either short (up to and including, eight hours) or long (over eight hours) road journeys.
By the end of the course, transporters will have been assessed on:
- Fitness for travel
- Means of transport
- Use of its facilities
- Loading unloading and handling
- Watering and feeding intervals, journey times and rest periods
- Space allowances and documentation.
Market and assembly centre staff will have been assessed on:
- Fitness, handling and separation.
- Animal Transport by Road - Short Journey
- Animal Transport by Road - Long Journey Attendant.