Earn an important qualification for transporting animals with our dedicated course.
- Anyone wishing to transport animals by road will need to be aware of, and understand key regulations
- Our course will teach you that knowledge
- It will lead to a qualification, ensuring that any animals you transport are protected correctly
- The course is based around the movement of farm animals, birds (poultry) and horses
- It covers transportation over 65km on short (up to, and including, eight-hour) road journeys.
- Our award is for drivers, attendants and assembly centre staff who handle animals
- You'll be trained in all the key regulatory and safety issues
- The training involves two units spread across 23 learning hours
- You'll need to pass a minimum of one unit specific to your work environment to successfully obtain the overall qualification
- It will enable you to achieve, or work towards achieving, a national qualification
- That, in turn, will boost your job prospects.
Our Level 2 Award in Animal Transport by Road (Short Journey) Qualification has primarily been designed for you if you transport farm animals, birds (poultry) and horses for road journeys over 65km on short (up to and including, eight hours) road journeys.
Our award is applicable to you as a driver or attendant using road vehicles for transporting live vertebrate animals in connection with an economic activity and market, and for assembly centre staff handling animals.
By the end of the course, transporters will have learned about:
- Fitness for travel
- Means of transport
- Use of its facilities
- Loading unloading and handling
- Watering and feeding intervals, journey times and rest periods
- Space allowances and documentation.
Market and assembly centre staff will have learned about:
Fitness, handling, and separation.
- Level 2 Award in Animal Transport by Road - Long Journey Attendant
- Level 2 Award in Animal Transport by Road - Long Journey Driver.