Gain a qualification vital for key fork lift truck work in the warehousing and distribution sectors.
The fork lift truck is the go-to machine in warehouses and distribution centres nationwide.
Completing our training and assessment course will earn you a nationally-recognised qualification.
It will teach you to work safely, effectively and efficiently in the workplace.
It will also boost your employability.
Our qualification is suitable for learners aged from 16+.
You might be looking to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills, or simply enhance the expertise you already have. It is especially relevant for those working in warehousing and distribution sectors.
You'll receive a minimum of 45 guided learning hours as you work towards your qualification.
You'll be involved in both practical and theory sessions and our experienced instructors will:
- Assess your knowledge and understanding across a range of fork lift truck activities
- Assess your ability to effectively operate a fork lift truck in a warehousing environment
- Assess your ability to review and develop your own practices and carry out a range of tasks to the required industry standard
- Improve awareness of health and safety legislation and explain how you can contribute to the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) agenda.
This qualification is for you if you want to develop your skills and learn more about using fork lift trucks safely and efficiently.
It is ideal for you if you already work in warehousing and distribution, or want to attract more employers by increasing your skills.
As you work towards your qualification, you'll need to earn a minimum of 12 credits across six mandatory units.
- Prepare the fork lift truck for driving or manoeuvring
- Operate, move or manoeuvre the machine
- Select, transfer and position loads using a fork lift truck
- Undertake post operational checks on your ,
- Load the container, vehicle, vessel or craft using a fork lift truck
- Unload the container, vehicle, vessel or craft using a fork lift truck.