Earn a nationally-recognised qualification to use pesticides safely.
Since 2015, anyone buying a pesticide authorised for professional use must obey a key legal requirement.
The law demands that the pesticide will be used either by the holder of a relevant certificate, or by a person working under the direct supervision of someone who holds one.
Our qualification has been developed in direct response to that legal requirement.
You'll earn a recognised qualification that reflects the national standards for the type of role you perform.
Our qualification is available for learners aged 16+.
You'll reinforce your knowledge, understanding, and ability in the application of pesticides using plug equipment.
We've designed this course with both those new to the job and who have already established themselves in a pesticide-based role in mind.
This qualification will provide you with the mandatory unit - Principles of the Safe Use and Application of Pesticides, which will be completed online.
This qualification is suitable for those entering work, those who have established themselves in a role and those working at technician/supervisory/management levels.
Our qualification will assess your knowledge, understanding and competence in:
- The regulations regarding safe use of pesticides
- Pesticide product information
- Hazards and risks associated with pesticides
- Personal safety when using vehicle mounted or trailed wick type applicators
- The measures to deal with pesticide poisoning
- Safe working practices
- The requirements for protected areas
- Environmental risks and protection of wildlife
- How to deal with incidents
- Factors to consider when using pesticide with vehicle mounted equipment.