Earn a qualification in the safe use of a potentially dangerous product with our specialist course.
Aluminium phosphide is a dangerous compound.
Used incorrectly, it can be hazardous to the health and safety of users, the general public and non-target animals.
Our course is ideal for anyone using aluminium phosphide in a commercial environment, such as pest control operatives, farmers, gamekeepers, and greenkeepers.
We'll provide you with a full working knowledge of the relevant commercial products and application equipment.
Key safety issues will be covered, as will the storage, transportation, and application of the compound.
Your competence in the activity will be assessed through practical observation and short answer questioning.
Worth noting: Recent changes in legislation require learners who complete our course to own the relevant equipment before they can then use aluminium phosphide.
Our qualification is for anyone who wants to control vertebrates using aluminium phosphide in a commercial environment.
This course is suitable for those in agriculture, horticulture, conservation, sports management, and related industries where it is necessary to use aluminium phosphide to control vertebrate pests.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Store, transport and apply aluminium phosphide against vertebrate pests
- Work with minimum risk to you, your colleagues, the general public and non-target animals
- Recognise the symptoms of phosphine poisoning
- Apply technical and operational controls to avoid exposure to phosphine poisoning
- Identify target animals and undertake a survey to determine their presence
- Interpret product labels
- Know how to apply a treatment safely and effectively
- Retain appropriate records.