Earn a nationally-recognised qualification to use pesticides safely.
Since 2015, anyone buying a pesticide authorised for professional use must obey a key legal requirement.
The law demands that the pesticide will be used either by the holder of a relevant certificate, or by a person working under the direct supervision of someone who holds one.
That's where our qualification comes in.
It's been developed in direct response to that legal requirement for pesticide use.
You'll earn a recognised qualification that reflects the national standards for the type of role you perform.
Our qualification is available for learners aged 16+.
You'll develop knowledge, understanding and skills in the safe use and application of pesticides.
It's designed with those for those both new to the job and who have already established themselves in a pesticide-based role.
This qualification will provide you with the mandatory unit - Principles of the Safe Use and Application of Pesticides - needed before doing any of our other pesticide qualifications.
Our qualification is suitable for those entering work, those who have established themselves in a role and those working at technician/supervisory/management levels.
This qualification will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the safe use and application of pesticides.
Our course will also assess your knowledge and understanding of:
- The regulations regarding safe use of pesticides
- Pesticide product information
- Hazards and risks associated with pesticides
- Personal safety when using pesticides
- The measures to deal with pesticide poisoning
- Safe working practices
- The requirements for protected areas
- Environmental risks and protection of wildlife
- How to deal with incidents
- Factors to consider when using pesticides.