This is the new online assessment version of our popular health and Safety in Agriculture and Production Horticulture qualification.
There is one mandatory unit to complete the qualification, which is Safe Working in the Land Based sector. You’ll learn about the specific needs relating to Health and Safety in the sector.
The qualification aims to fill training gaps within the area and give you encouragement to develop your knowledge to support you in your career. You’ll be assessed and achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
When you have finished the qualification, you will:
- Know the effects that accidents and ill health can have upon businesses and people
- Know the roles within the workplace that relate to health and safety
- Know how to co-operate with others to improve health and safety
- Understand how personal work activities can affect the health and safety of others
- Know the consequences of safe and unsafe behaviour and the impact on workplace attitudes
- Be aware of the major sources of accident and ill health in the work environment
- Know appropriate measures to control risks in the land-based sector
- Understand the importance of checking that the measures in place to protect health and safety are properly maintained
- Be aware of risks to children, vulnerable adults and visitors undertaking land-based activities
- Be aware of jobs in specific land-based environments that require recognised standards of training and competence.