Earn a nationally-recognised qualification with our animal microchip implantation qualification.
The microchipping of dogs has been legally compulsory for some time.
Our course has been developed in response to that legislation.
You'll earn a qualification developed in conjunction with key industry, animal health and welfare and governmental organisations from across the UK.
It also conforms with nationally-agreed standards of best practice for animal microchipping.
The central aim of the qualification involves the microchipping of dogs.
But you'll be assessed on your work with at least two different animal species.
We'll guide you through the basics of the process.
You'll learn about the key legislative requirements and the relevant equipment used.
Demonstrating correct animal handling techniques and a consideration of the animals’ welfare also forms a major part of the qualification.
If you perform the implantation of microchips in dogs and other species not covered under the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 then this qualification is for you.
To achieve the qualification you'll have the:
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and safety requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of microchips in animals
- Ability to safely handle and restrain animals
- Ability to select and prepare equipment for microchip implantation
- Ability to prepare the animal for microchipping
- Ability to safely perform microchip implantation
- Ability to carry out post-implantation procedures.
- Performing Microchip Implantation in Animals SCQF Level 6.