Increase your personal leadership and management performance with our nationally-recognised qualification.
Our diploma is ideal for managers working in a land-based setting.
You’ll develop your skills in all the areas you need to run a successful business. Working towards our qualification will also help you to consider the challenges involved in leadership and management and review your practice in meeting these challenges.
You’ll need 40 credits to achieve the qualification.
There is one mandatory unit in Principles of management and leadership, which will give you 10 credits.
The remaining 30 credits can be gained from the optional units.
You learn the theory and complete a workbook to demonstrate your knowledge in your chosen areas, which will be assessed in order to achieve the qualification.
If you are taking the Level 5 Diploma for the purpose of achieving a black card in construction or fencing a suitable health and safety qualification or training is required to undertake this qualification
This course is available to you if you are over the age of 19. It is ideally suited to managers and/or first line managers working within a land-based environment.
The mandatory unit covers the principles of management and leadership.
The optional units depend on your specific needs and cover:
- Management of change
- Management activities
- Developing successful business teams
- Personal development
- Recruitment and selection
- Financial awareness for managers
- Marketing principles for managers
- Management decision making
- Leadership in your organisation
- Managing staff performance
- Customer relationship management
- Managing projects
- Managing budgets
- Quality management in an organisation
- Principles of strategic management
- Managing innovation in an organisation
- Managing communications at work.
- Level 2 Certificate in Land-Based Activities.