Maintenance is crucial to every machine so make sure your skills are up to scratch with our dedicated half-day machinery maintenance course.
Landscape tools play an important role across many industries, but just as important as their safe operation, is the machinery maintenance.
Our course will teach you the skills to maintain the power unit of small hand held machines safely and efficiently, helping you keep the machine in tip-top condition.
This is an integrated training and assessment course.You’ll cover two main sessions:
- Prepare for maintenance operations
These will instruct you on the following:
- Health and Safety
- Risk assessments
- Air filters
- Recoil starters
- Spark plugs
- Vibration mounts
- 2 Stroke
- 4 Stroke
- 4 Mix
Understanding all the relevant regulation and safety requirements is key. You'll be taught the need for the correct protective clothing and how best to maintain a safe working environment.A certificate of competence will be awarded once you complete the course.
Our half-day course is for anyone in the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping, and grounds maintenance industry that is required to maintain the power unit of small hand held machines.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- State the health and safety legislation common to all tasks
- Produce a site-specific risk assessment
- State the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance
- Identify the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required
- Correctly carry out all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine manufacturer’s information book and/or this workbook
- Prepare the machine for use with the correct fuel/oil mix.