Manage temporary staff successfully with our engaging course.
Do you deal with casual and seasonal workers? Do you need to understand the basics of team management? Is time management and planning an important part of your role? This course is ideal for you.
It will enable you to look at having a successful team that can get the job done.
This one-day workshop has been developed especially for you if are responsible for managing casual and seasonal teams. You may only have this responsibility at certain times of the year and /or for short periods of time.
The workshop provides an opportunity to consider some of the basic concepts of management.
It looks at what makes teams successful and identifies and considers the importance of key supervisory skills and behaviours.
There is a session highlighting the importance of time management and planning.
The main focus is on working with new people to ensure they integrate quickly and effectively into the team and giving effective practical instruction to ensure people can do what is expected of them to the standards required.
The workshop finishes by focusing on making communication within the team as effective as possible by developing an understanding of how people can communicate more effectively and being aware of potential barriers to good communication.
You'll get a certificate when you have completed the course.
The workshop has been developed for you if you are responsible for leading and managing casual and seasonal teams.
The training is suitable for those within the environmental and land-based industries as well as those who sit on the edge or outside these industries.
By the end of the course, you'll know:
- How to identify the characteristics of successful teams and understand the four stages of team dynamics
- How to identify the key skills and behavior characteristics required to manage casual and seasonal teams
- How your staff can spend their time to have the most impact
- The role of an effective leader
- The ability to identify the needs of the “new” worker to help integrate individuals into their role within the team
- The skills and issues that arise in giving effective instruction(s)
- How to develop your communication skills and have an understanding of the impact of common communication barriers experienced within casual and seasonal teams
- How to identify actions that can be taken to implement success.
- Developing People to Perform
- Getting the Best Out of Your People
- Leading and Managing
- Recruiting and Finding the Right People.