Gain your Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) permit for poultry with our 1-day training course
The IPPC regulations are there to ensure there is control of certain industrial activities, so we protect the environment.
This course is designed to prepare you to gain the IPPC permit – you’ll need to show you are working so your Poultry Farm is using the best available techniques, you are complying with specific requirements, taking local factors into account and all the time not impacting heavily on the environment.
Our one-day course will guide you through the requirements of the IPPC so you know potential environmental impacts and why it is important to keep these to a minimum. You’ll also understand key and legal requirements, so you can make the improvements needed to apply for the IPPC permit.
You’ll receive a certificate of training once you have completed the course.
- IPPC – An integrated approach to environmental protection
- The environmental impact of poultry farms
- Saving and monitoring resources
- Minimising and monitoring waste and pollution
- Site plans
- Inspection and maintenance
- What to do when things go wrong
- Action Plan.
Our one-day course in IPPC Regulations for the Poultry Industry is available to anyone who has the day to day responsibility/supervision of a poultry farm.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the potential environmental impact of your farm and why it is important to minimise this
- Be aware of the legal framework behind IPPC and its purpose
- Understand the Environmental Agency’s Standard Farming Installation Rules and Guidance as conditions of gaining an IPPC permit
- Know how to save and monitor resources such as water, energy and raw materials to meet the conditions set out by the Rules
- Minimise and monitor waste and pollution
- Produce records, audits, and plans for monitoring emissions specified by the Rules
- Be in a position to train your staff in-house appropriately to your own farm circumstances, and understand the importance of such training.