Develop your skills with our ride-on and pedestrian mower course for learners.
A wide range of mowers are used across horticultural and landscape businesses.
With proper training, most pose little risk to either the user or anyone near to the machine.
Our course will give you that training, ensuring you can operate a both ride-on and pedestrian mowers safely and efficiently.
When you've completed this course, you'll receive a certificate of competence.
Our course will give you an insight into both safety awareness and risk assessment.
You'll also run through both machine's capabilities and learn how to maintain the mowers.
After that, you'll gain practical experience, including mowing on slopes.
- General safety
- Risk assessment
- Hydrostatic drive
- Cutting mechanisms
- Controls and equipment
- Daily checks
- Safe methods of operation
- Working on slopes
- Driving on public roads
- Safety with fuel
This training course will suit anyone employed in agriculture, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance that currently operates, or may be required to operate, ride-on and pedestrian mowers. The duration of the course will depend on how many cutting mechanisms you want to cover.
Our experienced instructors will be able to cater for both novice and experienced users who would like their skills to be verified with certification.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the risks associated with the use of different types of pedestrian mowers
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify the controls and components
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual
- Carry out pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Adjust the cutting mechanism to achieve the required standard
- Operate the machine in a safe and competent manner
- Perform after-use maintenance
- Load and transport the machine (if appropriate)