This award has been developed by a UK based Veterinary Physiotherapist and graduate human sports therapist with saddle fitting training to help the rider to become an easier load for the horse to carry, enhancing the quality of their movement and facilitating lightness in equitation. It is accessible to international learners as well as those in the UK.
This course has been developed by an equine veterinary physiotherapist for equestrian professionals and established competition riders that recognise the importance of addressing the horse, saddle and rider as a combination. The remit of this short course is promotion of balanced, fluent movement in the sport horse or pony through comfort in their saddle and bridle. A series of five 2 hour guided learning online webinars are scheduled over 5 weeks with a further 10 hours of online independent study lectures to complete at the learner’s own pace throughout the course. Additional completion of independent study assignments take place both in a stable yard and an arena setting with horses and their riders then submitted by short video to provide evidence of competence for final certification. 100% online format makes this programme accessible to International learners as well as those based in the UK.
Topics covered are:
Top Up awards for professionals and competition riders:
- Saddle Flocking, Ridden Horse Adjustment and the Use of Shims and Pads.
- Rider Posture Evaluation and Stabilisation Methods
- Equine Back & Postural Strengthening Methods for Saddle Fitting
Long award courses:
- Applied Kinetic Anatomy, Biomechanics and Evaluating Asymmetry of the Horse Saddle & Rider Combination
- Professional Saddle & Bridle Fitting
- Preparing the Horse Saddle Rider Combination for Performance