Learn how to safely use a potentially dangerous product with our one-day training course.
Aluminium phosphide is a dangerous compound.
Used incorrectly, it can be hazardous to the health and safety of users, the general public and non-target animals.
Our course will provide you with a full working knowledge of the relevant commercial products and application equipment.
It's ideal for anyone using aluminium phosphide in a commercial environment, such as pest control operatives, farmers, gamekeepers and greenkeepers.
This is a training-only course.
On completion, you'll receive a certificate of attendance.
You'll also be eligible to complete a Lantra Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control (licence to practise).
We'll guide you through the key legislative and safety issues.
Storage, transportation, handling, and disposal will also be covered.
- Safety, exposure prevention and first aid
- Environment and wildlife
- Label, product container, storage and transportation
- Application equipment, handling and disposal of excess pesticide and spillages
- Record keeping.
Worth noting: Our course attracts 10 Basis CPD points.
Our course is suitable for anyone wishing to control vertebrates using aluminium phosphide in a commercial environment.
The training also underpins our Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms of phosphine poisoning
- Apply technical and operational controls to avoid exposure
- Identify target animals and undertake a survey to determine their presence
- Interpret product labels
- Know how to apply a treatment safely and effectively
- Retain appropriate records.