Enhance your ability to work safely, effectively and efficiently in the workplace, reducing unnecessary risks to the environment, yourself or others.
Fertilisers play an important role in farming and agriculture. However, they need to be used correctly.
Our training will help you to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills to support your role(s) and develop your career in the use and management of organic and inorganic fertilisers.
This is an integrated training and assessment course.
A Certificate of Competence will be issued on completion of this course.
You'll cover the following sessions:
- Consequences of not using and managing fertilisers and manures properly
- Legislation and guidance which affect organic and inorganic nitrate use
- Identifying different types of manure and fertiliser and understanding product labels
- The environmental impacts of fertilisers and how they can be overcome
- Safe storage, transport and security
- Health and safety and dealing with accidents
- Spreading machinery
- Minimising ammonia emissions during application
- Working within NVZ’s or near water courses
- The New Farming Rules for Water
- Record keeping
- Manure management.
Our training is suitable for learners aged 16+ wishing to develop knowledge, understanding and skills in the safe use and application of fertiliser and manure.
On completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- understand the regulations regarding the safe use and application of fertiliser and manure
- state the relevant legislation that affects organic and inorganic nitrate use
- understand product information
- understand the operator’s responsibility for safe working practices
- understand the requirements for protected areas
- take appropriate action to minimise environmental risk and protect wildlife
- understand how to deal with an incident
- understand factors to consider when using manure and fertilisers
- correctly record information.