Get to grips with handling a shotgun safely and responsibly.
Do you need to use a shotgun at work or are you interested in using it recreationally?
Do you know the safety rules and regulations? This course will help you learn and progress.
This one-day integrated training and assessment will equip you with the correct skills and knowledge to use your shotgun safely.
The day is split between the classroom and shooting ground. This course is very intensive and can be demanding.
You will receive a certificate of training and assessment on successful completion of this day.
Worth noting: You do not need to bring your own shotgun, slip or ammunition, as these will be provided on the day.
Our one-day course in Safe Use and Handling is available to you if you have little or no previous knowledge of using a shotgun.
Once you have completed this course, you may progress to target or live quarry forms of shooting either recreationally or linked to a basic work role requirement.
You must be 16 or over in order to register for this course.
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the function of a modern shotgun
- Explain the function of a modern cartridge
- Understand current legislation regarding use
- Perform appropriate shotgun cleaning and routine maintenance procedures
- Understand health and safety considerations relating to use
- Provide a formative skills in the safe handling of a shotgun and its use
- Store and transport shotguns correctly
- Appreciate the role shooting sports play in the rural economy.
- Safe Use and Handling - Rifle
- Sporting Rifle and Night Shooting
- Shotgun Coaching.