Use pesticides safely and confidently with our dedicated one-day course.
Pesticides are widely used in agriculture and horticulture.
But they can be potentially harmful substances, so a thorough appreciation of safe working practices is vital.
Our course is tailor-made for people responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides.
It will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety legislation, enabling you to work with pesticides effectively.
We'll guide you through the key elements of using pesticides safely and with confidence.
You'll learn about key legislation, keeping clear records and understanding product labels.
Safely storing, transporting and disposing of pesticides are also covered.
Important protection issues – for both you and the environment – form a major part of the course.
- Consequences of not using or handling pesticides safely
- Legislation that affects pesticides use
- Pesticide product labels
- Personal protective equipment
- Safe storage and transport of pesticides
- Environmental factors
- Disposal of pesticides and containers
- Dealing with accidents
- Keeping pesticide records.
Our course is aimed at anyone using, or looking to use, professional pesticide products in industries like agriculture, horticulture and forestry.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Understand your duties under the law and help you become a safe and competent pesticide user
- Understand what pesticides are and their ‘field of use’
- State legislation relevant to pesticide application
- Interpret and use label information
- Take the appropriate action to protect yourself and the environment
- Store and transport pesticides safely
- Dispose of the pesticides and containers safely
- Record information.