Make sure your understanding of this key piece of equipment and how to use it safely is up to scratch by completing our one-day course.
Pesticides are widely used across the amenity sector.
But they can be potentially harmful substances.
It's essential to keep your knowledge of how they are handled, applied and stored up-to-date.
Our course will do just that.
It's designed for anyone who uses hand-held applicators as part of their work.
It will help you refresh and develop your existing knowledge of health and safety legislation, enabling you to keep on using hand held equipment effectively.
Our experienced instructors will show you the importance of staying up to date with any changes in legislation and best practice.
We'll refresh your awareness of pesticide legislation and the key safety issues.
You'll recap the basics of what the applicator is and what it can do.
Basics of Spray Application
Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
The Working Principles of a Knapsack
Preparation of the Applicator for Work
Calibrating a Knapsack
Application In/Near Water (Water Courses)
Mixing, Filling, and Sitework
Calibration Concentration Method
Decontamination, Tank Washing and Storage.
This course is aimed at anyone using professional pesticide products in the amenity sector.
You'll be expanding on your existing understanding of using hand held applicators for applying pesticide. Once you've finished this refresher, you'll be able to:
- Understand the legislative and safety regulations relating to the use of application equipment to land and water
- Identify and describe how hand held applicators work
- Identify and select nozzles for various applications
- Achieve the required spray quality
- Carry out pre-start checks
- Calibrate the applicator
- Mix and fill applicator accurately and safely
- Operate the applicator safely and efficiently in various situations
- Prevent environmental hazards
- Decontaminate and store equipment.