Learn to train others to use shotguns safely and responsibly with our one-day course for beginners.
Shotguns are popular firearms in both the commercial and recreational spheres.
As you'd expect, the safe and responsible handling a shotgun is paramount.
Our course will teach you the key training techniques required to pass on that vital knowledge.
It's designed for anyone with little or no shotgun coaching experience.
We expect you to have experience of using shotguns yourself.
But you won't need anything more than limited knowledge of coaching or training procedures.
We'll equip you with the skills, knowledge, and understanding so you can confidently and safely instruct on shotgun use.
Once you've passed this course you'll be able to progress into a basic coaching or training role within a supervised shooting ground or school environment.
- Safe shotgun handling (shotgun coaching)
- The shotgun
- The shotgun cartridge
- Understanding shotgun performance
- Cleaning and maintenance – shotgun
- The role of the shotgun coach
- The basic shooting lesson 1
- Basic health and safety and shotgun use
- Wider safety considerations related to the coaching process
- Basic shooting lesson – practical.
Worth noting: You do not need to bring your own shotgun, slip or ammunition, as these will be provided on the day.
You'll be permitted to handle, strip and clean the shotgun as directed by the instructor.
Our one day course in Shotgun Coaching is available to you if you have little or no previous knowledge of coaching.
Once you have completed and passed this course, you will be able to progress into basic coaching or training roles as part of a clearly defined work role within a supervised shooting ground or school environment.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Appreciate safe shotgun handling techniques from the perspective of the training role
- Explain the function of the modern shotgun
- Explain the function of a shotgun cartridge
- Appreciate factors that affect the performance of a shotgun
- Perform appropriate shotgun cleaning and routine maintenance procedures
- Appreciate the role of the shotgun coach, related etiquette and professional standards
- Undertake a basic shotgun lesson applicable to this level
- Appreciate health and safety considerations relating to shotgun use
- Appreciate wider safety considerations concerning the coaching process
- Complete a Learner Action Plan, guiding progression from notional Level 1.
- Pest Control (Rim Fire Rifle): Safety, Theory, and Practice
- Sporting Rifle and Night Shooting.