Tackle the toughest terrains with our specialist tractor driving course.
Tractors are essential agricultural machines but their versatility and durability come with a potential for accidents – particularly when they are used on sloping land.
Our one-day course will guide you through both the theory and practice of driving on tricky terrains.
Whether you're looking to learn new skills or simply develop your technique, this course is perfect for you.
This is an integrated training and assessment course.
Successfully complete it and you'll receive a certificate of training.
Our experienced instructors will teach you to use the tractor safely and with confidence.
The key fundamentals of driving, loading and health and safety are all covered.
- Health and safety legislation
- Principles of working on slopes
- Vehicle selection
- Assessment of the working area
- Machine operation (practical).
Anyone required to drive a tractor on sloping terrain.
Note: severe slopes require specialist tractors.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the main causes of accidents involving tractors on slopes
- Recognise the safe working slope for tractor implement combinations on typical ground surface conditions
- Measure slopes in field conditions
- Assess the suitability of ground before you drive over it
- Prepare and perform the necessary maintenance to ensure the safety of a tractor.
- Tractor Driving Refresher.